Let's end the formatting mess

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:19:10 UTC 2011

I'd be okay with most things -- assuming that you'd want to apply your
rules to the plugins, too --, but I'd largely prefer 4 spaces over 2.
2 are just too small for me to see properly. I agree with Aleix in
that if you want to use split a lot, limiting line length is the
correct solution, although I find 80 characters a bit outdated (100 is
better).
However the "breaks blame" argument seems like a really good point to
me against reformatting all the files. I'm not sure if that's worth
it. Anyways, you're the experts, so you should decide about that. :)

Greetings,
Sven