Review Request: Fix MakeOutput items for cmake builds with relative paths

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Mar 3 09:06:54 UTC 2011

Manuel Massing, 03.03.2011:
> Hi Milian,
>
> > So that string is user-visible after all?
>
> I'm not sure if they are actually displayed somewhere, but the
> shortenedText is not being set for any of the cmake ActionItems, because
> toolIndex == -1 (in that case, shortenedText defaults to the full output
> line).
>
> But looking at the code again, I think the "potential_cd" could be
> removed... see attached patch, which cleans things up a bit.
>
> The unsermake regexps seem to be off btw (at least "linking" and
> "compiling" use capture indices which do not exist).

that changes the behavior of compiling: now it will only match up to excluding
/CmakeFiles which is wrong. And of course for non-cmake build systems it will
fail alltogether as the string "CMakeFiles" won't be included.

Building CXX object app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/main.o

=> I'm compiling app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/main.o
and not app

so what I suggest:

- keep the old regexp as-is for compiling
- in the actFormat.action== ... handling merge compiling and potential_cd, by
checking for /CMakeFiles/ - if it's contained get the path before that and use
that.

bye
--
Milian Wolff