Website is live!

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Apr 5 22:40:43 UTC 2011

Sam S., 05.04.2011:
> A few additional questions/comments:
>
> 1) Why did you drop the search box? Technical reasons, or did you just
> not like it?
> (Personally, I think it makes the layout look *much* more balanced if
> the header isn't separated from the rest of the page by a straight
> horizontal line across the whole screen...)

I just forgot to enable it for anonymous users

> 2) The KDevelop icon in the download box should be updated to the new icon.

good point

> 3) Have you thought about making the page translatable? (Drupal makes
> it possible, but you'll need to do some setting up of permissions and
> stuff, and probably install some UI/helper modules to make it more
> translator friendly...)

I thought about it but didn't follow it yet due to lack of time. Note: I wont
reinvent the wheel. Afair the other KDE webpages have some ability to get
translated, and they use drupal as well. Someone should ask Albert how they
are doing that. Then we might do the same.

Note: Imo this i low-priority as we don't have much content. Better have a
good page in English than a mediocre to bad page in tons of languages (like
before).

> 4) Do you still use the git://anongit.kde.org/kdev-www repository? If
> I wanted to submit patches for the webpage design, should I submit
> them against the "drupal" branch of that repository?

exactly, I'll move drupal to master soon though.

> 5) Is the old website still accessible somewhere?

uhm that is actually a good question. I'll ask sandy to put up
legacy.kdevelop.org

thanks
--
Milian Wolff