Becoming a contributor

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Sep 29 16:32:44 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, 29. September 2010 18:10:11 Dmitry Risenberg wrote:
> I think there should be an easy way to distinguish between TODOs and
> parser errors, because TODOs often stay in code for a long time, and I
> want it to be clear if there are any parsing errors that need
> immediate attention. May be integrate it into Problems and add a
> "Severity" column?

Yes, the problem toolview should get a UI overhaul to make it easier. Maybe
even filtering to be able to hide some severities or similar.

> BTW, is it OK to develop in 4.1 branch sources, so that I don't have
> to set up KDE4.5 libraries (have 4.4 right now)?

No, you should use master, esp. for this feature as there where some changes
in master and 4.1 is closed for feature additions.

But you can just install kate from git and decrease the language dependency in
your KDevplatform/KDevelop clones to 4.4.

See: http://kate-editor.org/get-it/

You'll have to symlink the MovingRange headers and the katepart libraries to
/usr/ but I can help you with this.

Otherwise installing KDE 4.5.2 might be easier and much better (doesn't your
distro have backports?).

Bye
--
Milian Wolff