Becoming a contributor

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Sep 29 16:28:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Dmitry Risenberg <
dmitry.risenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think there should be an easy way to distinguish between TODOs and
> parser errors, because TODOs often stay in code for a long time, and I
> want it to be clear if there are any parsing errors that need
> immediate attention. May be integrate it into Problems and add a
> "Severity" column?

Well you can concentrate on getting the problems to the Problem toolview and
we can figure out later a good, project-wide UI. Don't add new severity,
just create a new IProblem::Source type.

> BTW, is it OK to develop in 4.1 branch sources, so that I don't have
> to set up KDE4.5 libraries (have 4.4 right now)?

Sure it's fine, you can always merge with master when you move to KDE 4.5.

Good luck!
Aleix