On showing the working set tooltip when switching documents

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 26 08:15:22 UTC 2010

On 26.09.10 04:45:04, David Nolden wrote:
> The nice thing about the delay is that you can always move your mouse into
> the tooltip and start using it by mouse, this makes working-sets more
> discoverable.
>
> However the basic idea was also to let it pop away as soon as the modifiers
> are released, this would just need some more ugly event-filtering once
> again.
>
> Also, I think this is better than the CTRL+Tab UI, because it uses a common
> UI for multiple things, and increases discoverability of working sets. I
> think CTRL+Tab should also use the same UI, or be simply removed as it's
> redundant now.

Thats completely wrong. You're trying to force workingsets on people that
don't need or want them. If you want that I suggest to fork KDevelop and
make your own IDE that forces stuff on people. One of the great things in
KDevelop as opposed to other IDE's/editors I'm using is that it doesn't
force stuff on me. There's usually two ways of achieving something and it
doesn't put big fat Ui's into my way if it doesn't need to.

You will forget that you ever knew me.