On showing the working set tooltip when switching documents

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 02:45:04 UTC 2010

The nice thing about the delay is that you can always move your mouse into
the tooltip and start using it by mouse, this makes working-sets more
discoverable.

However the basic idea was also to let it pop away as soon as the modifiers
are released, this would just need some more ugly event-filtering once
again.

Also, I think this is better than the CTRL+Tab UI, because it uses a common
UI for multiple things, and increases discoverability of working sets. I
think CTRL+Tab should also use the same UI, or be simply removed as it's
redundant now. If you think that the tooltip is too fat or redundant, you
can propose how to make it more compact while keeping it useful.

Greetings, David