improving context browser for declarations in file

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Sep 10 17:29:37 UTC 2010

On Friday, 10. September 2010 19:21:17 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Friday, 10. September 2010 18:34:56 David Nolden wrote:
> > Yes, i also already though about improving this. Your idea is good. Also
> > namespace- or class-scopes shouldn't be shown again and again, and we
> > coulf abbreviate functions by parens, for variables we could shorten the
> > prefix to just "var", etc. It could look like extremely simplified code.
>
> I've made sure the decls are unique
> (decl->kind & decl->qualifiedIdentifier().index pair).
>
> But I'm not sure about the rest. If I merge the kind, it looks strange:
>
> Function foo, bar, asdf, Namespace yxcv, qwer, Function öouir
>
> If I add () behind functions it beomces better, but still:
>
> Function foo(), bar(), asdf(), Namespace yxcv, qwer, Function öouir()
>
> it should be Function_s_, Namespace_s_... but declarationKind() does not
> give that info of course. But we should use declarationKind to stay
> language independent, shouldn't we? This also prevents using "var" instead
> of Variable...

Thinking a bit more about it, I'd personally find it more useful to display
something like we currently show in document outline. I.e. don't show
namespaces at all, and then just a list (one item per line) of declaration-
>toString() or similar, i.e. with function parameters and everything.

This is not neccessarily less output than now, but much easier to grasp and
navigate.

Bye