disable certain plugins

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Sep 10 06:59:40 UTC 2010

On 10.09.10 04:14:05, Julian Bäume wrote:
> some time ago, there has been a profiles-feature allowing to blacklist certain
> plugins. As far as I can see, this has been removed. (I didn’t find any reason
> or explicit information, but it’s not working and many things indicated, that
> this has been removed.) There is still documentation about this in the wiki,
> but it seems outdated to me.

Right it was removed. The main reason is because nobody ported it and it
was considered to be too complex.

> I understand how to enable certain plugins by default, via the IDEExtension
> interface and this also works fine.

This interface also defines which plugins are not loaded.

> Then there is the session that stores information about enabled and
> disabled plugins. This also works, I think.

If it doesn't there is a bug :)

> But
> there are some plugins I can’t switch off. In the list of loaded plugins, I
> can find some plugins, that I don’t expect to be there. In the Modules
> configuration, I have the Qt documentation, CMake documentation and cvs and
> svn plugins disabled, but they show up in that list of loaded plugins.

You mean you disabled them under Settings->Configure KDevelop->Plugins
and they still show up after a restart under Help->Loaded Plugins? That
would be a bug.

> Then there are the “project” plugins. These are supposed to be loaded
> with projects. The projects I load don’t need the cmake plugin, but
> still this plugin is loaded.

That shouldn't happen either, but cmake is also a language plugin which
are always loaded once a file with that mimetype is being parsed.

> I’ve written an own plugin, that handles project files, this is in the
> list too, which is fine ;) Then there is the C++ language plugin,
> which confuses me most. I guess, this one is loaded, because of an
> entry in the .desktop file.  (X-KDevelop-LoadMode=AlwaysOn) I wasn’t
> aware of this option, till now.

Kind of, yet the C++ plugin is only loaded once KDevelop tries to parse
a file which has the C++ mimetype. So in a KDevelop instance that has no
project loaded you shouldn't see C++ loaded, or cmake manager. This
works for me here. Also note when I say 'KDevelop' I mean any
KDevPlatform using app.

> Can you give me some insight on this? How can I force my program not to load
> the plugins I don’t want? I’m especially concerned about the C++ plugin. I
> have the feeling, that this will get loaded everywhere KDevelop is installed
> and clutter the UI. It adds some entries to the menu, I will never use.

Its only loaded if C++ files are found in a project or opened via
File->Open. And in such a case its desirable that the C++ plugin
features are available.

You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny.