apaku at gmx.de
Tue Sep 7 11:58:39 UTC 2010
On 07.09.10 12:18:26, David Nolden wrote:
> Apart from that, what exactly is the difference between different
> perspectives in eclipse?
The perspective influences a couple of things:
- Which toolviews are shown by default and where they are
- Which 'New' wizards are available directly under the File->New menu (as
opposed to having to select the wizard in a separate dialog)
- Which views are directly accessible to show via Window->Show View (as
opposed to opening a dialog to have to select the view)
- sets of actions to be added to the perspective layout
- Define which views are available for a 'Show in' context menu entry,
which shows arbitrary stuff in another view.
For example Debug perspective has a different toolview layout than Java
Perspective. The Plugin Perspective (similar to Java, but specific for
Eclipse plugins) uses a different project explorer view by default than the
And perspective stores the layout of the toolviews and which one is active.
You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.
More information about the KDevelop-devel