Some timing regarding ADL..

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Nov 26 13:23:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 5:03 AM, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yeah sure, but if we don't have the resources to do something, then we
> simply shouldn't do it. It is kind of sad, but it is better for the
> application. If i didn't invest those 8 hours yesterday, many people would
> be using a highly degraded application. More patches would be merged, and at
> some point we wouldn' know anymore why the app is so slow. Then we'd have to
> do extensive profiling again to notice the problems, etc. etc., this is
> "moving in circles" rather than "moving forward".
>
> Greetings, David

I would say that more often than not, developing software is more
about moving in circles rather than moving forward. How often do you
do a "code, compile, autotest, manualtest" cycle when developing a
feature? How often does the "add, optimize, fix" cycle happen for a
particular feature? Those are rhetorical questions, btw :) I would
argue that if you're not moving in circles then there's something else
wrong.

Just my rhetorical 2c.

Thanks
--