Floating Assistants

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Nov 15 16:09:47 UTC 2010

Olivier JG, 09.11.2010:
> Changed the look of the assistants and made them float, did a bit of
> cleanup in the process. Patches and an image* attached.
> Looking for feedback on the look and the patches (David?).
> -Olivier JG
>
> PS: Is there a more specifically suited widget for this? It's a QToolbar
> for now...
>
> (*) kscreenshot doesn't show cursor, it's hovering over the selected
> button and giving the shown tooltip.

your recent committed changeset doesn't look very good for me, see:

https://userpage.physik.fu-berlin.de/~milianw/assistant-too-unobtrusive.png

a) it is too unobtrusive, I first thought assistants are broken before I
finally spotted that

b) it's not clear that is a tooltip or something context sensitive, it's
placed at the bottom center and looks like it belongs to the surrounding like
a tab title, but not do the editor.

c) it does not use the tooltip style (that would be blue for me). Fixing this
would probably fix b) as well.

d) missing margin/padding on the left

e) I would change the text to:

Declare "int a" as: 0 - local | 1 - public | 2 - private | 3 - protected | 0 -
hide

it will always be an in, so no need to repeat that (esp. for fully qualified
types which might get long).

Can you improve that?
--
Milian Wolff