new import wizard, discussing vcs interfaces

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat May 22 17:21:35 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 21.05.10 15:17:51, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > So I moved the import wizard branch to some clone of mine. it can be
> found
> > here: http://gitorious.org/~apol/kdevelop/apol-gsoc2010
> >
> > What we can find there is the new page in the import wizard with some
> > changes here and there to make it work. (git plugin doesn't work with
> that
> > branch, without my local changes). That page is capable to help the user
> > clone/checkout and go on with the importing process.
>
> Hmm, just had a look at it. I like the idea behind it but have a couple
> of comments regarding the actual looks:
>
> - Whats working-directory? This isn't quite clear.

The working directory is the directory where to the project is going to be
checked out and the directory that's being shown in the next wizard page.

> - For local I think the lower-part should just show the file-selector
>  instead of having that at a separate page

Yes, but the thing is that others are going to need the next page anyway so
I'd like local users to be able to just go ahead.

> - for vcs-systems we might want to provide a custom widget by the plugin
>  that is being loaded into this

It is like that, I just did create a default one that I'm using in all of
them but they use the VcsLocationWidget that has to be overriden by any
plugin. I also created a StandardUrlLocationWidget that creates a widget
with a KUrlRequester, but any vcs plugin can have their own.

> I didn't test it further than opening and playing around with the gui
> (there's a bug when typing in the working-dir lineedit it jumps to the
> next button once a valid dir is entered).

Really?
I have some weird behavior too, the mouse disappears sometimes, no focus
problems though. I'll look into these problems.

> Andreas
>
> --
> Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.
>
> --

Aleix