new import wizard, discussing vcs interfaces

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 22 19:10:45 UTC 2010

On 22.05.10 19:21:35, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On 21.05.10 15:17:51, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > > So I moved the import wizard branch to some clone of mine. it can be
> > found
> > > here: http://gitorious.org/~apol/kdevelop/apol-gsoc2010
> > >
> > > What we can find there is the new page in the import wizard with some
> > > changes here and there to make it work. (git plugin doesn't work with
> > that
> > > branch, without my local changes). That page is capable to help the user
> > > clone/checkout and go on with the importing process.
> >
> > Hmm, just had a look at it. I like the idea behind it but have a couple
> > of comments regarding the actual looks:
> >
> > - Whats working-directory? This isn't quite clear.
> >
> The working directory is the directory where to the project is going to be
> checked out and the directory that's being shown in the next wizard page.
>

> > - For local I think the lower-part should just show the file-selector
> >  instead of having that at a separate page
> >
> Yes, but the thing is that others are going to need the next page anyway so
> I'd like local users to be able to just go ahead.

Well, local users just need the second page and remote users shouldn't
need the second page at all right? After all if they can say where to
checkout the project to and where it comes from then we don't need to
ask them which file to open. We can just use the directory it was
checked out to.

You will step on the night soil of many countries.