new import wizard, discussing vcs interfaces

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 22 16:13:18 UTC 2010

On 21.05.10 15:17:51, Aleix Pol wrote:
> So I moved the import wizard branch to some clone of mine. it can be found
> here: http://gitorious.org/~apol/kdevelop/apol-gsoc2010
>
> What we can find there is the new page in the import wizard with some
> changes here and there to make it work. (git plugin doesn't work with that
> branch, without my local changes). That page is capable to help the user
> clone/checkout and go on with the importing process.

Hmm, just had a look at it. I like the idea behind it but have a couple
of comments regarding the actual looks:

- Whats working-directory? This isn't quite clear.
- For local I think the lower-part should just show the file-selector
  instead of having that at a separate page
- for vcs-systems we might want to provide a custom widget by the plugin
  that is being loaded into this

I didn't test it further than opening and playing around with the gui
(there's a bug when typing in the working-dir lineedit it jumps to the
next button once a valid dir is entered).

Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.