Request for feature freeze exemption: "New File" action in Filesystem toolview context menu

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 16 22:58:59 UTC 2010

On 02.03.10 23:50:30, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Hey, I'd like to cram in one little, but very badly missing feature.
>
> When I work with Ruby projects, most of the time I use "Filesystem" view
> instead of "Projects". And it lacks the ability to create a new file.
>
> So, do you think it's ok to commit or I shall wait with this until 4.1?

Hmm, less input than I hoped for, however I'll grant you an exception
for this (cc'ing adymo as he seems to read the list selectively
sometimes, sorry if that was annoying).

Main reason for me to do so is that I do understand the necessity and
importance for script-based projects (i.e. also php). Additionally the
feature is rather small and has little to no impact on other parts.

Do what comes naturally.  Seethe and fume and throw a tantrum.