Request for feature freeze exemption: "New File" action in Filesystem toolview context menu

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 22:26:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 23:04, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 02.03.10 23:50:30, Alexander Dymo wrote:
>> Hey, I'd like to cram in one little, but very badly missing feature.
>>
>> When I work with Ruby projects, most of the time I use "Filesystem" view
>> instead of "Projects". And it lacks the ability to create a new file.
>>
>> So, do you think it's ok to commit or I shall wait with this until 4.1?
>
> I'm undecided, because:
>
> a) this is a really small addition and won't cause any harm
> b) BUT I want to avoid getting an excemption request every other day for
> a little piece here and a little piece there.
>
> So I'd like to see some input from the rest of the team, if nobody
> replies until the end of the week I'll take the right as maintainer and
> deny the excemption as to not create a precedent.

Projects and Sessions are relatively complicated to set up.
For that reason using Filesystem view should be considered as an important
feature: Currently I use for web stuff where I don't have setup a
project Quanta3.
Actually I have never tried KDevelop4 for that, but not having a
possibility to create new files
would be a show stopper for me.

Niko