Request for feature freeze exemption: "New File" action in Filesystem toolview context menu

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 2 22:04:15 UTC 2010

On 02.03.10 23:50:30, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Hey, I'd like to cram in one little, but very badly missing feature.
>
> When I work with Ruby projects, most of the time I use "Filesystem" view
> instead of "Projects". And it lacks the ability to create a new file.
>
> So, do you think it's ok to commit or I shall wait with this until 4.1?

I'm undecided, because:

a) this is a really small addition and won't cause any harm
b) BUT I want to avoid getting an excemption request every other day for
a little piece here and a little piece there.

So I'd like to see some input from the rest of the team, if nobody
replies until the end of the week I'll take the right as maintainer and
deny the excemption as to not create a precedent.

Stay the curse.