Project layout on gitorious.org

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 2 00:30:17 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag 02 März 2010 01:18:19 schrieb Alexander Dymo:
> The svn's playground/kdevelop4-extra-plugins should be abandoned
>  completely. People will use their own git repositories for plugins in
>  development. With git it's easy to collaborate on any repository, so I
>  don't think we need to bother about having a central place for them.

Even if we don't fully support the plugins, it's good to have them in a
central place so we have an overview what exists, and so that developers who
are interested in working (and collaborating) on them can do it easily.

We're anyway not enough to 'fully' support every (even working) plugin. How do
you want to manage the point when a plugin becomes "supported" and when it
becomes "unmaintained" again? Ther should be a place where unmaintained
plugins can be moved, and from where they can be picked on interest, so I
think we should have a "playground" subfolder for unfinished or unmaintained
stuff, the same way we have it now.

Greetings, David