[kdevplatform] d3af706 Increase KDE requirement to 4.4 to fix the build f

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:52:29 UTC 2010

2010/6/15 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
>> KDevelop won't work properly with KDE 4.5 if we don't adapt it during the
>> development cycle of KDE 4.5, and thus we inherently cannot wait for KDE 4.5
>> to be released just to start adapting KDevelop _then_.
>
> Bullshit, it works well enough with KDE 4.5 to be usable. Sure it
> crashes every now and then (and yes more often than with kde 4.4 maybe),
> but there are plenty of other things where it can crash.

Then you have a different sense of usability. Sorry, but I'm trying to
create a _stable_ app.

>> Maybe we should just split the development line into two paths:
>> One towards KDevelop 4.0.1 which can depend on KDE 4.4, and the trunk which
>> should go towards KDevelop 4.1, and which should depend on KDE 4.5.
>
> Uhm, thats exactly what we have right now, KDevelop 4.0 branch depends
> on KDE4.3. master will at some point depend on 4.5 (and I pledge that
> this point of time is _after_ releasing of 4.5.0)

You pledge it based on what? This is ridiculous, you're planning to
reduce the quality of the app for the users, just because you're too
lazy to update _one_ of your development machines to a recent kdelibs.

Of course we could release a stable KDevelop 4.1 in 6 weeks. If I
finish the port at next weekend, then we need a few weeks of
stabilization and we're release-ready.