[kdevplatform] d3af706 Increase KDE requirement to 4.4 to fix the build f

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.de
Tue Jun 15 18:28:23 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 20:09:22 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 15.06.10 16:58:35, David Nolden wrote:
> > That is bad, but I think the right ones to blame are the kate developers
> > here, because we simply have no proper path to go available.
>
> This is completely useless finger-pointing. It doesn't matter who failed
> to maintain which codebase. katepart is not your code (unless you want
> to fork it) so you have to accept that their developers do whatever they
> deem best for their codebase. And frankly I'm with them on this one, the
> person who wrote the smart-codebase doesn't have time, nobody else is
> able to maintain it (in the katepart-dev group) and its causing problems
> in a single-threaded app.
On other side, I can understand David's frustration with the changes.
I would have loved to avoid to put my spare time into that, too, to rewrite
the whole stuff :( (ranges and cursors are not the most exciting projects for
the evenings)
I hope it doesn't steal too much of David's spare time either, as I know,
refactoring stuff just to get it back working is really ugly :/

Lets see that all gets resolved for KDE >= 4.5, and we will all be happy to
have less legacy code in our projects which is hard to maintain.

Bit thanks from my side for Davids work, btw., don't know if any other dev
could port the stuff away from smart beside him or the original author of the
smar* mess .P

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com