[kdevplatform] d3af706 Increase KDE requirement to 4.4 to fix the build f

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 15 19:12:36 UTC 2010

On 15.06.10 20:52:29, David Nolden wrote:
> 2010/6/15 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> >> Maybe we should just split the development line into two paths:
> >> One towards KDevelop 4.0.1 which can depend on KDE 4.4, and the trunk which
> >> should go towards KDevelop 4.1, and which should depend on KDE 4.5.
> >
> > Uhm, thats exactly what we have right now, KDevelop 4.0 branch depends
> > on KDE4.3. master will at some point depend on 4.5 (and I pledge that
> > this point of time is _after_ releasing of 4.5.0)
>
> You pledge it based on what? This is ridiculous, you're planning to
> reduce the quality of the app for the users, just because you're too
> lazy to update _one_ of your development machines to a recent kdelibs.

I'm not to lazy, I _can't_. That machine runs on packages only and I
don't have the time to setup a complete trunk build on that (let alone
the resources on the machine), let alone having to update it regularly
to get rid of all the trunk-bugs that I'd encounter.

And, if you still don't get it: I have no problems depending on KDE 4.5
once its released. Until then everybody (in our developer team) can
very easily use the movingranges-branch (once you've published it) on
the machines that do have KDE 4.5 available.

Think twice before speaking, but don't say "think think click click".