Kdevelop editing issues

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jul 27 18:39:30 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 27 July 2010 20:16:53 Konstantin Karganov wrote:
> Found some bugs, see below :)
>
> >> 5. no fast navigation in opened files
> >> both in VisualStudio and Eclipse there is a drop-down list of
> >> currently opened files (which, btw, also displays status, if file is
> >> modified or not), which gives a fast way to switch from file to file.
> >> Very useful if you have 2-3 dozens of files opened at the time,
> >> navigation with 2 arrows (prev, next) becomes just painful.
> >
> > Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+Shift+Tab. Also the currently open files are listed at the
> > top of the quickopen list.
>
> This feature is buggy - quicklist opened by Ctrl-Tab opens wrong file
> if being clicked by mouse,
> i.e. only selecting file with keyboard works correctly..

You press (and keep pressed) Ctrl + Tab and then use the mouse? Really?

> >> 8. Projects and Classes views should follow the current file position
> >> again, other IDEs do that.
> >
> > No they don't, at least not by default. We had that in KDev3 and it was
> > horribly unusable and IIRC only used by a very small number of users.
> > There's a button to sync manually though.
>
> The button is buggy too. It seems that it searches just by file name
> which is completely wrong.
> In Kdevelop project, for example, there are multiple files with the
> same name but in different directories (say, debugsession.cpp or
> variablecontroller.cpp which are in debuggers/gdb and
> debuggers/gdb/gdbtest ). The button shows just one of them which is
> found first in the tree...

It uses the URL and picks the first non-target file in the view with that URL.
And I don't have neither debugsession.cpp nor variablecontroller.cpp twice
(gdbtest is a binary in the builddir for me, or it ends on *.cpp/*.h in the
folder - so what do you mean by that?)

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de