Kdevelop editing issues

Konstantin Karganov karganov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 18:16:53 UTC 2010

Found some bugs, see below :)

>> 5. no fast navigation in opened files
>> both in VisualStudio and Eclipse there is a drop-down list of
>> currently opened files (which, btw, also displays status, if file is
>> modified or not), which gives a fast way to switch from file to file.
>> Very useful if you have 2-3 dozens of files opened at the time,
>> navigation with 2 arrows (prev, next) becomes just painful.
>
> Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+Shift+Tab. Also the currently open files are listed at the
> top of the quickopen list.

This feature is buggy - quicklist opened by Ctrl-Tab opens wrong file
if being clicked by mouse,
i.e. only selecting file with keyboard works correctly..

>> 8. Projects and Classes views should follow the current file position
>> again, other IDEs do that.
>
> No they don't, at least not by default. We had that in KDev3 and it was
> horribly unusable and IIRC only used by a very small number of users.
> There's a button to sync manually though.

The button is buggy too. It seems that it searches just by file name
which is completely wrong.
In Kdevelop project, for example, there are multiple files with the
same name but in different directories (say, debugsession.cpp or
variablecontroller.cpp which are in debuggers/gdb and
debuggers/gdb/gdbtest ). The button shows just one of them which is
found first in the tree...

--
Best regards,
Konstantin.