Move Editor Settings under KDevelop settings (was: Re: Kdevelop editing issues)

Konstantin Karganov karganov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:08:00 UTC 2010

> Furthermore I'm all for moving the editor-settings dialog into the Settings
> menu, to make it better findable. If for some reason you think this would be a
> bad idea (why??), lets at least kill the superflous menu in editor, that only
> contains the settings action.

I strongly agree with that, having tool settings in several different
menus is extremely confusing.

I also do not understand the main menu design, i.e. why do we have not
standard "File Edit View ... Tools Help" menu layout but some strange
order instead. Its just another obstacle for users who try kdevelop
for the first time...

--
Best regards,
Konstantin.