Move Editor Settings under KDevelop settings (was: Re: Kdevelop editing issues)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jul 26 12:24:59 UTC 2010

On Monday, 26. July 2010 14:08:00 Konstantin Karganov wrote:
> > Furthermore I'm all for moving the editor-settings dialog into the
> > Settings menu, to make it better findable. If for some reason you think
> > this would be a bad idea (why??), lets at least kill the superflous menu
> > in editor, that only contains the settings action.
>
> I strongly agree with that, having tool settings in several different
> menus is extremely confusing.
>
> I also do not understand the main menu design, i.e. why do we have not
> standard "File Edit View ... Tools Help" menu layout but some strange
> order instead. Its just another obstacle for users who try kdevelop
> for the first time...

I and many others completely disagree with you here. We are an IDE where users
mainly work with sessions and projects. Files are opened through quickopen,
one of the various toolviews or shortcuts. We won't change this, it is a great
success.

Anyhow, this is OT and was discussed often enough, lets keep the discussion on
what I proposed above.

Thanks
--
Milian Wolff