Move Editor Settings under KDevelop settings (was: Re: Kdevelop editing issues)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jul 26 11:29:09 UTC 2010

On Sunday, 25. July 2010 20:53:47 Konstantin Karganov wrote:
> >> 2. turning off backup files
> >> currently when working in kdevelop editor it creates *.h~ and *.cpp~
> >> backup files on each save. I don't like having junk files on my disk
> >> and I have version control for change history, but I can't turn this
> >> off. I guess there should be an option.
> >
> > See the editor settings.
>
> Looked for settings twice, didn't find anything related.

This reminds me to bring back the discussion on this:

Should we not try to get an always-on-katepart in the background, so we have
the actions available, no matter whether a doc is open or not? Afaik Niko and
Aleix (and/or Alexander?) experimented on this during the sprint. What was the
outcome?

Furthermore I'm all for moving the editor-settings dialog into the Settings
menu, to make it better findable. If for some reason you think this would be a
bad idea (why??), lets at least kill the superflous menu in editor, that only
contains the settings action.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff