seamless project model update

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 16 01:22:16 UTC 2010

On 12.07.10 04:46:26, Aleix Pol wrote:
> hi,
> This patch solves the problem we have when we try to refresh the
> projectmodel from another thread, it makes the method call to be triggered
> whenever the model thread runs the event loop. I know it's not a clean
> implementation (that's why I'm sending it here).
>
> I'm sending a patch so that you can try how the reload feels after that
> change. I'm not commiting right away because I understand there's drawbacks
> and I suppose you will want to give your opinion. I think we could give it a
> try though.

I've done the changes in the project model now (adjusted all calls to
model-signals to be done in the model-thread, which should be the GUI
thread). So feel free to test that out with the changes to the cmake
manager whenever you have time (I'm not sure I'd get to that before
monday).

The only downside right now is that we don't call the protected
begin/endInsert/RemoveRows functions but emit the signals directly
instead. I'll check the Qt source tomorrow to see wether we're missing
anything significant there.

You will wish you hadn't.