Problems with new session support

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:27:48 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch 27 Januar 2010 18:17:15 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> On Monday, 18. January 2010 14:28:28 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'll be filing bugreports about this tomorrow or wednesday, but wanted to
> > check here wether some of this is intentional:
> >
> > Is the session name prepended to the project list? That would explain why
> > I have a "default" session which is not automatically opened when loading
> > kdevelop. If not then how do I make another session the "default" now
> > that the session config dialog doesn't exist anymore?
>
> Apparently the session name is most of the time just empty. Only the
>  default session has any name at all (i.e. "default"). I just wanted to add
>  a "--sessions"  switch to KDevelop that would output all available session
>  names, and well - all my sessions have an empty name... The exception is
>  the "default" one.
>
> We should at least give incremental names like "Session #1" or similar, so
> they are easily selectable... I'll now change my patch for now so that it
> outputs the projects in that sessions and the ID, since that's apprently
>  also supported by the existing "-s" switch.

I think it would be ugly to have "Session 1 - Projects", "Session 2 -
Projects" in the menu, as the "Session X" says nothing at all, it would just
clutter the menu.

If anyone has a "default" session he should delete that, it is just an
artifact of the old session support. The real default session is always the
one that was used last.

If you want your sessions to have names, you can simply use "Rename Session"
to give it a name, and from then on you can also use the command-line "-s"
switch to pick a specific session by name.

Greetings, David