KDevelop-devel Digest, Vol 45, Issue 6

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 7 07:47:39 UTC 2010

On 07.01.10 08:59:00, Ishan Jayawardena wrote:
> Thank you for your replies. I really expected this kind of help. The idea
> that I got was that the area I'm interested in doing is just too big for a
> GSoC project and there are lot more important features that can be
> implemented and these features can be treated as unmaintained stuff. I agree
> with you and I'm ok with that sort of work too. Specially, I think that "Git
> support" part is going to be very interesting for me and I would like to
> learn about git(even if I have just played around with that) and contribute
> to it.
>
> Is this idea being implemented as yet? Please tell me where can I find
> related info about this idea or should I start it in my own?

There's an existing plugin in
trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/git and some
distributed-vcs specific code in kdevplatform/vcs/dvcs. I'm not too
happy with the current design of this stuff, but also lack the time to
fix that. So you're free to just pick up the plugin and get it work in
its current design.

> Is it ok to
> post any problem that I find when I'm trying to do things with these ideas(
> not just with "Git support", and may be on some other topic if I find that
> more interesting than "Git support"?)

Sure, please feel free to post any problems you encounter here, if it
gets too off-topic we'll suggest some better suited lists :)

Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.