KDevelop-devel Digest, Vol 45, Issue 6

Ishan Jayawardena udeshike at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 03:29:00 UTC 2010

Thank you for your replies. I really expected this kind of help. The idea
that I got was that the area I'm interested in doing is just too big for a
GSoC project and there are lot more important features that can be
implemented and these features can be treated as unmaintained stuff. I agree
with you and I'm ok with that sort of work too. Specially, I think that "Git
support" part is going to be very interesting for me and I would like to
learn about git(even if I have just played around with that) and contribute
to it.

Is this idea being implemented as yet? Please tell me where can I find
related info about this idea or should I start it in my own? Is it ok to
post any problem that I find when I'm trying to do things with these ideas(
not just with "Git support", and may be on some other topic if I find that
more interesting than "Git support"?)

Actually, what I really want is to contribute to an opensource project and
to continue with that project afterwards and to become a permanent member of
that team, and not just for the sake of participating in a GSoC project. My
intention is, I believe more broader than that. Of course, I'm still finding
opensource projects but still KDE remains as my first priority because I
like it and I now have learned and studied it to some extent(it may be very
little).I expect this same help from you guys in the future as well.
----