Auto-completion "eats" next symbol

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Thu Dec 9 15:09:23 UTC 2010

I have been a KDevelop user for months (years?) using it for PHP and
C/C++ and at least for me that behavior is annoying 95% of the time (to
do not say 100%).

I've asked to my colleages at the office, this is the result:

Javier: It is not annoying for me, I'm used to (Uses KDevelop for PHP)
Juanjo: It is annoying 60% of the time, I'm not totally used to add an
space to avoid the behavior (Uses KDevelop for PHP)
Ereslibre: When I'm writing C/C++ it is 100% annoying, when editing PHP
I don't notice it.

Seems that in languages like PHP where the variables always start with a
special symbol ($) the behavior is not annoying, but in languages such
cpp, it is.