Auto-completion "eats" next symbol

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Dec 9 14:52:57 UTC 2010

Julien Desgats, 09.12.2010:
> Hey,
> I've noticed a particularly disturbing behavior (bug?) on
> auto-completion : when you type something while there is characters
> after cursor, they are erased until the end of word if you use
> auto-completion.
>
> For instance if you have ("][" is the cursor)
>   f][bar(0);
> And auto-completion suggest "foo", if you validate that suggestion,
> you will get :
>   foo(][0);
> As you can see, the "bar" symbol has been erased. I think the correct
> behavior should be :
>   foo][bar(0);
> or
>   foo(][bar(0);
>
> But if you are in the following situation :
>   f][ bar(0);  // notice the space between the cursor and "bar"
> The result of auto-completion will be :
>   foo(][) bar(0);
>
> As a result, I'm constantly forced to add spaces in such situations to
> avoid auto-completion to eat existing symbols !
>
> So, what do you think about this idea of improvement ?
>
> Regards,
> Julien

Sometimes the current behavior is "correct" for me, but often I agree that
it's not what I want... No idea how to fix this properly :-S Current users
will have arranged themselves with the behavior we have right now so I'm
reluctant to change this. A config value could be introduced...

Hm, I'd like to have David's opinion on this.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de