Draft: Release announcement

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Apr 22 06:58:32 UTC 2010

On 22.04.10 00:41:25, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > The attached file is what I have right now, hope the placeholders are
> > understandable for everybody. Please comment.
> >
> > I'm planning to do some screenshots for KDevelop over the weekend and
> > put them together into a blog entry on Sunday before posting the
> > dot-article. I'd like to ask Niko and Milian to send in a few for PHP
> > support (and php-docs) and everybody else is invited too to take that
> > off my shoulders ;)
> >
> First of all, thanks for working on that :)
>
> Are you sure we want to mix both PHP and KDevelop that much?
> Maybe another entry would be appropiate for the PHP support alone. I think
> that adding the PHP part in the introducion (1st paragraph) can be
> misleading/distracting (showing that we might have changed our path or
> something like that, which i don't think it is the case). The real news is
> that KDevelop4 is out, PHP support is one of its consequences.

I actually agree and had problems integrating a bit for PHP into the
text too.

@Milian: What do you think about posting a release announcement for PHP
separately on May 2nd on the dot? (or evening of May 1st, not sure
wether dot-editors have any kind of policy on that). If you can finish
up the writing I can put it into the dot-form and ping the editors...

> Maybe we could consider using 1st person ("we think" instead of "I think"),
> but that depends a lot on if you want to make it like a letter from the
> maintainer or a team note. (I'm not against a maintainer letter, of course).

I don't have a preference for either, but when writing something like
this I do have a problem sticking with one version :)

You love your home and want it to be beautiful.