VCS actions in context menus

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 2 19:44:16 UTC 2010

On 02.04.10 16:14:22, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> KDevelop::ContextMenuExtension::VcsGroup is used by several views to get all
> the VCS-related actions. Several views move all actions from that group into
> a "Version control" submenu in their context menus.
>
> However, every single VCS plugin I have seen uses ExtensionGroup to add its
> actions, so there are never any actions in the VcsGroup.
>
> I attach a patch that puts the actions in the right menu (for VCS plugins in
> kdevplatform; I didn't look at playground plugins yet).
>
> It's definitely the right thing to do

Sorry, but its not. We've decided to have separate submenus for each VCS
system as many have special actions anyway. Additionally users often
expect their vcs actions in a menu named after the vcs they've chosen.
So we probably should drop the VcsGroup completely.

> /** menu group to contain version control actions
>   * Note that this group will automatically be
>   * populated with a few standard VCS actions by the
>   * vcscommon plugin. */
>
> But I have never seen any vcscommon plugin... What's that about?

Its about history, we had that, but removed it again in favour of a
different way of sharing things.

Beware of Bigfoot!