VCS actions in context menus

Nicolas Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 19:14:22 UTC 2010

KDevelop::ContextMenuExtension::VcsGroup is used by several views to get all
the VCS-related actions. Several views move all actions from that group into
a "Version control" submenu in their context menus.

However, every single VCS plugin I have seen uses ExtensionGroup to add its
actions, so there are never any actions in the VcsGroup.

I attach a patch that puts the actions in the right menu (for VCS plugins in
kdevplatform; I didn't look at playground plugins yet).

It's definitely the right thing to do, but maybe other code is mishandling
VcsGroup and has to be fixed. For example, some code might be ignoring
VcsGroup, so after this patch VCS actions would disappear from that view's
context menu. Or maybe we decide the "Version Control" submenu isn't a good
idea.

By the way, the documentation for VcsGroup says:

/** menu group to contain version control actions
  * Note that this group will automatically be
  * populated with a few standard VCS actions by the
  * vcscommon plugin. */

But I have never seen any vcscommon plugin... What's that about?

--
Nicolas