kdevelop 4 parsing on opensuse 11.2 is extremely slow for linux kerenl project

Christoph Bartoschek bartoschek at gmx.de
Fri Apr 2 11:33:45 UTC 2010

I've also tried to import the linux kernel tree. However I do not see that
parsing is slow. I would say that the problem lies in the
IncludePathResolver. My observations are:

1. During importing kdevelop only takes 10-25% CPU time.
2. The IncludePathResolver changes the timestamps of the files all the time
and it seems as if a FileSystemWatcher is fired because of the changes within
kdevelop. (Why is the resovler not using the option --assume-new provided by
make? At least if the make is GNU make)

Christoph