KDE/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Sep 18 07:44:38 UTC 2009

On 13.09.09 22:14:27, David Nolden wrote:
> SVN commit 1023099 by zwabel:
>
> Use the patch-review area as replacement for the commit dialog
> The patch-review toolview contains a large text-edit for the commit message, a button to execute the commit, and checkboxes for selecting all files to commit, exactly equal to the contents of the commit dialog

Do you want feedback here or via bugs.kde.org? Just used this with my
sample svn plugin, first impression is: Nice! But a couple of minor
things:

- no way to use Ctrl+Enter to do commit, this is one of the most-used
  features for me of the dialog
- after clicking commit I get a message box which contains the list of
  files and the commit message again. Thats one msg box too much and
  more importantly its far too small to be usable, half of the text is
cut
  off
- I did get a floating toplevel window after hitting continue in the
  box, so thats not yet completely fixed
- Double-clicking an entry in the changes-list should open that
  change/hunk, the show button is just "too much work". Probably the
  same as the project treeview applies here, we need some floating
buttons
  on the entries.

You may get an opportunity for advancement today.  Watch it!