KDE/kdevplatform

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:11:45 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 18 September 2009 09:44:38 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Do you want feedback here or via bugs.kde.org? Just used this with my
> sample svn plugin, first impression is: Nice! But a couple of minor
> things:
I don't care.

> - no way to use Ctrl+Enter to do commit, this is one of the most-used
>   features for me of the dialog
Shouldn't be hard to add that
> - after clicking commit I get a message box which contains the list of
>   files and the commit message again. Thats one msg box too much and
>   more importantly its far too small to be usable, half of the text is
> cut
>   off
Here it's big enough, I though KMessageBox would resize the box appropriately.

I think that message box is required, as the "Files" list containing the
checkboxes is very small, and may contain really a lot of items. It's not
possible to see them all at the same time, and it's not possible to see those
that are scrolled far away.

Also, this added safety allows us to remove the whole "Compare to Base"
action, and join it with "Commit" into one "Review and/or Commit" like action.

Additionally, "Commit" is a very momentous action, and now that it is floating
around freely in the UI (It's not unprobable that someone first starts a
review, and then starts doing other stuff instead of finishing it), the chance
of accidentally activating it has become much higher.

> - I did get a floating toplevel window after hitting continue in the
>   box, so thats not yet completely fixed
> - Double-clicking an entry in the changes-list should open that
>   change/hunk, the show button is just "too much work".
That's how it is: Double-click an entry in the changes list, and it will open
that file.

The "Show" button is usually not required, it opens all related documents as
tabs. However those are opened anyway when starting the review, except if it's
too many (More than 10).

Greetings, David