Request for adding fileview related svn plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 13 06:44:12 UTC 2009

On 12.09.09 22:37:46, Peter Penz wrote:
> On Saturday, 12. September 2009 22:21:48 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 12.09.09 21:50:17, Peter Penz wrote:
> [...]
> > > installed, everything is still fine :-) The interface for the plugin is
> > > already available in kdebase/apps/lib/konq/revisioncontrolplugin.h.
> >
> > Ok, so its an optional thing. Well, its your baby after all, but I'd
> > like to say that we're not sure yet wether kdevplatform 1.0 will be
> > released with KDE 4.4.0 or not. Currently development is again stalled a
> > bit...
>
> Oh, I was not aware about this. Might it be an alternative approach for KDE
> 4.4 to move my plugin into kdesdk? For sure I cannot not use the kdevplatform
> code then, but this could wait until kdevplatform will be released (KDE 4.5?).

Well, wouldn't it make more sense to have it with dolphin then for now?
Then the user trying out svn doesn't need to install kdesdk...

> Do you know incidentally on which mailing list I can make the request for
> adding a versioncontrolplugin directory for kdesdk?

AFAIK there is none. kate has its own list, quanta too and kompare as
well. (thats the only three tools I know off-head from kdesdk). I guess
kde-devel and/or the module-coordinator are your best bet.

You will always get the greatest recognition for the job you least like.