Plugin

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Oct 25 14:25:39 UTC 2009

On Monday 19 October 2009 22:48:59 Hugo Parente Lima wrote:
> On Monday 19 October 2009 23:06:33 Ruan Strydom wrote:
> > > What's about them? You need getters and setters for XML? Or do you mean
> > > a XML- KDevelop-plugin? Maybe you should look at Quanta. (although it's
> > > definitely not full-featured)
> >
> > For a living I am a java developer.  So I am used to netbeans / eclipse.
> >  These have very nice xml/schema designers. They auto complete etc, when
> >  you add a schema location they download and import them for auto
> >  completion. Whats nice is that they are generic (the designers) and can
> > be used for configuration etc, like maven/ant , web.xml, spring etc...
>
> The eclipse one is based on DTD's, so the autocompletion works for any XML,
> you just had to have the DTD available.
>
> Yesterday I tought about creating a program that parsers any DTD and create
>  a QStateMachine, because I tought that this was the better aprouch to
>  create XML/HTML support (auto-completion) into kdevelop... but I known
>  nothing about how kdevelop handles autocompletion, so I forgot this idea
>  :-/

I can tell you what PHP does:
It tokenizes the code until the position you requested code completion at, and
gives you completion items based on the last token(s). Then there is a little
special-casing when you are inside a class context, but other than that, it's
theoretically pretty simple.

I've never used a QStateMachine (and since I don't study computer science I'm
not really sure how one would use a state machine for code completion, always
thought this was for parsers or animations) so no help from me there :)
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de