Plugin

Hugo Parente Lima hugo.pl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 13:40:51 UTC 2009

On Sunday 25 October 2009 12:25:39 Milian Wolff wrote:

> > > For a living I am a java developer.  So I am used to netbeans /
> > > eclipse. These have very nice xml/schema designers. They auto complete
> > > etc, when you add a schema location they download and import them for
> > > auto completion. Whats nice is that they are generic (the designers)
> > > and can be used for configuration etc, like maven/ant , web.xml, spring
> > > etc...
> >
> > The eclipse one is based on DTD's, so the autocompletion works for any
> > XML, you just had to have the DTD available.
> >
> > Yesterday I tought about creating a program that parsers any DTD and
> > create a QStateMachine, because I tought that this was the better aprouch
> > to create XML/HTML support (auto-completion) into kdevelop... but I known
> > nothing about how kdevelop handles autocompletion, so I forgot this idea
> >
> >  :-/
>
> I can tell you what PHP does:
> It tokenizes the code until the position you requested code completion at,
>  and gives you completion items based on the last token(s). Then there is a
>  little special-casing when you are inside a class context, but other than
>  that, it's theoretically pretty simple.
>
> I've never used a QStateMachine (and since I don't study computer science
>  I'm not really sure how one would use a state machine for code completion,
>  always thought this was for parsers or animations) so no help from me
>  there :)

State machines are only useful for XML auto completion based on DTD's, because
you don't have variables, etc... so is all very simple (in comparison to the
use case of C++ and PHP), you just have a context and what would be in this
context.

P.S.: by the way, I sent this email some days ago, however using a wrong email
address which was not registered in this mailing list, sorry for that :-/

--
Hugo Parente Lima
"Precisamos de mais gênios humildes no mundo, hoje somos poucos!"
JID: hugo at jabber.org