[Patch] Remove warnings regarding qualifier on function return type

Morten Volden mvolden2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 21:43:54 UTC 2009

2009/10/19 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>

> On 19.10.09 23:06:05, Morten Volden wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > In order to start somewhere to get acquainted with the code in
> > kdevelop/kdeveplatform I decided to have a look at some of the warnings
> > generated by the code.
> >
> > The attached patch removes a number of warnings from plugins/subversion
> > related to a superfluous const on function return type.
>
> I guess I should either disable those warnings on the cmake level or
> simply declare the code as "ours" by now.
>
> All the code in kdevsvncpp is copied from rapidsvn to be able to make
> certain adjustments but keep the overall codebase (to make our svn
> plugins code easier and not cluttered with tons of low-level-C-stuff).
> As I do plan to update this codebase every once in a while I'd like to
> keep the differences between the original rapidsvn code I've used as
> base and what we have in the repository as small as possible.
>
> So loooong story short: Only functional changes required for features in
> the svn plugin are allowed under subversion/kdevsvncpp. Sorry for
> wasting your time, any suggestions where I should've written the above
> for you to see before doing the changes? (so the next one doesn't do
> the same again, as you're the second person already).
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
> brakes are defective.
>
> --

Actually I did notice (from the copyright statement) that this particular
part of the code was from that project - so I already sent a patch to
Rapidsvn which has been included in their trunk.

I wasn't clear to me whether or not the kdevelop codebase was kept in sync
with rapidsvn or not (My fault for not asking :-) ).  Sorry for the noise.

/Morten

--
- When the split is pulled, mr. Grenade is no longer our friend