[Patch] Remove warnings regarding qualifier on function return type

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 19 21:55:09 UTC 2009

On 19.10.09 23:43:54, Morten Volden wrote:
> 2009/10/19 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>
>
> > On 19.10.09 23:06:05, Morten Volden wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > In order to start somewhere to get acquainted with the code in
> > > kdevelop/kdeveplatform I decided to have a look at some of the warnings
> > > generated by the code.
> > >
> > > The attached patch removes a number of warnings from plugins/subversion
> > > related to a superfluous const on function return type.
> >
> > I guess I should either disable those warnings on the cmake level or
> > simply declare the code as "ours" by now.
> >
> > All the code in kdevsvncpp is copied from rapidsvn to be able to make
> > certain adjustments but keep the overall codebase (to make our svn
> > plugins code easier and not cluttered with tons of low-level-C-stuff).
> > As I do plan to update this codebase every once in a while I'd like to
> > keep the differences between the original rapidsvn code I've used as
> > base and what we have in the repository as small as possible.
> >
> > So loooong story short: Only functional changes required for features in
> > the svn plugin are allowed under subversion/kdevsvncpp. Sorry for
> > wasting your time, any suggestions where I should've written the above
> > for you to see before doing the changes? (so the next one doesn't do
> > the same again, as you're the second person already).
> >
> > Andreas
> >
> > --
> > You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
> > brakes are defective.
> >
> > --
> >

> Actually I did notice (from the copyright statement) that this particular
> part of the code was from that project - so I already sent a patch to
> Rapidsvn which has been included in their trunk.
>
> I wasn't clear to me whether or not the kdevelop codebase was kept in sync
> with rapidsvn or not (My fault for not asking :-) ).  Sorry for the noise.

Thanks for letting me know, I guess I should really update sometime at
least from the latest release.

But I think there tons of other warnings in the codebase. Another way to
get into the codebase is to look at errors that krazy has found:
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/index.php?component=kde-4.x&module=kdevplatform
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/index.php?component=kde-4.x&module=kdevelop

You will be recognized and honored as a community leader.