Cleanup of plugins and Release Plan

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 17 13:36:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just done a bit of cleanup with our plugins. In particular these
have been moved to playground:

kdevplatform/veritas - unmaintained and nobody uses it
kdevplatform/plugins/git - doesn't work currently and nobody works on it
kdevelop/xtest - as with veritas and has usability problems
kdevelop/tools/coverage - as with veritas

I've also moved the documentview plugin from kdevelop to kdevplatform as
its useful there too.

So much for that, now the the more important question (and as far as I
recall from the last discussion regarding whats missing): Can we release
with KDE 4.4? In particular I'd like to follow the KDE 4.4 release
schedule, which means hard feature freeze in 5 weeks.

Any of the devs have something on his plate which he thinks has to be in
4.0 that'll take longer than 5 weeks to implement?

I'd personally really like to get into a feature freeze rather sooner
than later. As you all may well know there's been almost no development
in the last 2 or 3 weeks and I think/hope that a feature freeze and the
following bug-fixing period would stimulate the development again.
Simply because at least for me there's "so much to do" that I don't even
know where to start and instead of starting somewhere I just find
something else to do :(

Andreas

PS: And for 4.1 I think it would make sense to clearly define which
features we'd like to implement so we can better plan that release.

--
Beware of Bigfoot!