Inconsistent order of tool views

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 20 08:27:04 UTC 2009

On 20.11.09 07:53:11, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> On Thursday 19 November 2009 22:37:40 David Nolden wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag 19 November 2009 20:41:45 schrieb Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen:
> > >   Certainly :) The idea is simple - use up all the space of the sidebar,
> > > rather than bunching it all up in one end. Another thing which is fixed
> > > by doing it this way is that the current solution has differently sized
> > > tabs, which even change sizes when you change tabs. A screenshot here:
> > > http://jakilinux.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/vol12_356_amarok.png
> >
> > For amarok it's ok as it has really many items there, but generally I don't
> > like that. It's like tabs that automatically distribute over the whole
> >  tab-bar (we had that at some point in time, and it sucked). It forces you
> >  to move your mouse and your eyes over long distances completely
> >  unnecessarily.
>
>   That is of course true. The main point is still there, though - the tabs
> change size between active and not active. That is really not good, since it
> requires muscle memory to change between contexts, and that simply does not
> happen :)

I suggest that you complain about that to the developer of the style
you're using. Here (using QtCurve) the tabs have the same size, no
matter wether the toolview attached to it is active or non-active.

Or we're misunderstanding each other, in which case 2 screenshots
before/after would be good for clarification.

Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.