Inconsistent order of tool views

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Fri Nov 20 08:49:51 UTC 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 09:27:04 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 20.11.09 07:53:11, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 November 2009 22:37:40 David Nolden wrote:
> > > Am Donnerstag 19 November 2009 20:41:45 schrieb Dan Leinir Turthra
Jensen:

> > > For amarok it's ok as it has really many items there, but generally I
> > > don't like that. It's like tabs that automatically distribute over the
> > > whole tab-bar (we had that at some point in time, and it sucked). It
> > > forces you to move your mouse and your eyes over long distances
> > > completely unnecessarily.
> >
> >   That is of course true. The main point is still there, though - the
> > tabs change size between active and not active. That is really not good,
> > since it requires muscle memory to change between contexts, and that
> > simply does not happen :)
>
> I suggest that you complain about that to the developer of the style
> you're using. Here (using QtCurve) the tabs have the same size, no
> matter wether the toolview attached to it is active or non-active.
>
> Or we're misunderstanding each other, in which case 2 screenshots
> before/after would be good for clarification.

  No, you are right - i remembered a problem we had with the default styles in
KDE3, but that of course no longer exists in Oxygen (those guys are design
heros, seriously). While looking at that, however, i spotted a minor problem -
the sidebars change sizes when you switch between them... which seems very odd
to me, but... i obviously have no idea what's causing it or what it would take
to fix that ;)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/