Inconsistent order of tool views

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Fri Nov 20 06:53:11 UTC 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 22:37:40 David Nolden wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 19 November 2009 20:41:45 schrieb Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen:
> >   Certainly :) The idea is simple - use up all the space of the sidebar,
> > rather than bunching it all up in one end. Another thing which is fixed
> > by doing it this way is that the current solution has differently sized
> > tabs, which even change sizes when you change tabs. A screenshot here:
> > http://jakilinux.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/vol12_356_amarok.png
>
> For amarok it's ok as it has really many items there, but generally I don't
> like that. It's like tabs that automatically distribute over the whole
>  tab-bar (we had that at some point in time, and it sucked). It forces you
>  to move your mouse and your eyes over long distances completely
>  unnecessarily.

  That is of course true. The main point is still there, though - the tabs
change size between active and not active. That is really not good, since it
requires muscle memory to change between contexts, and that simply does not
happen :) So... that at least needs fixing (but that, i understand, may be a
bit difficult to do outside of kdelibs)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/