KDE/kdevplatform/shell

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Mon Nov 9 16:38:29 UTC 2009

On Monday 09 November 2009 15:20:21 David Nolden wrote:
> - When KDevelop is started without any parameters, it is started with a
>  new  empty session and a start-screen that contains all known sessions.
>  Now the user can either do free editing, can load some random project
>  thereby defining a new session, or load one of the existing sessions (for
>  example through the start-screen).

Please skip the start screen and use the last session (or an empty one if no
last session is available). That will be how a lot of people will work. Then
put session switching in a menu somewhere. Otherwise we will get that popup in
the middle of a relatively long wait-for-loading, making the perceived loading
twice and long, plus annoying the user with a popup.

Just my €2

--
Kind regards, Esben