Need translation hint

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 18 00:33:39 UTC 2009

On 18.05.09 01:23:38, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help here:
>
> ===
> kdevplatform/debugger/interfaces/stackitem.cpp:88
> "#%1 at %2"
>
> Could you provide a i18nc() call to tell what the placeholders mean here?

Niko? And while you're doing that, please also fix the parameter names,
I'm assuming that "id" is not really what the integer is for (is this
the thread number? how does a thread have a name?)

> ====
> kdevplatform/debugger/breakpoint/breakpointdetails.cpp:124
> i18n("Breakpoint is %1",QString("<a href=\"pending\">pending</a>"))
>
> Why not writing
> i18n("Breakpoint is <a href=\"pending\">pending</a>")
> here?

Good question, I don't see a reason.

> ===
> kdevplatform/language/duchain/navigation/abstractdeclarationnavigationcontext.cpp:214
> "Kind: %1 %2 "
>
> Need info about placeholders.

Hmm, quick guess: The first placeholder is the kind of declaration that
is shown, which means is it a type or a function or ... The second is
some detailing html generated.

You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the beach.